REVENGE, GUNFIRE AND FLAMES: MIGUEL SANDOVAL ADMITS TO LANCASTER QUADRUPLE MURDER 

 REVENGE, GUNFIRE AND FLAMES: MIGUEL SANDOVAL ADMITS TO LANCASTER QUADRUPLE MURDER

A 2024 Lancaster house fire that began as a horrifying crime scene has now ended with a stunning courtroom admission.

Miguel Diego Sandoval, 21, has pleaded guilty to murdering four people and setting their home on fire.

Prosecutors described the attack as an act of revenge following the end of a romantic relationship.

Collage of two photos showing Janvi Maquindang and Christine Aca-ac.THE NIGHT OF THE ATTACK

On November 16, 2024, Sandoval broke into a home on North Tabler Avenue in Lancaster while the occupants were sleeping.

According to prosecutors, he shot:

Christine Aca-ac, 25

Janvi Maquindang, 21

Edwin Garcia, 24

Matthew Montebello, 21

Three victims died at the scene.

Montebello was pulled alive from the burning home but later died from his injuries.

Law enforcement personnel and vehicles at a crime scene. THEN THE HOUSE WAS SET ON FIRE

After the shootings, Sandoval set the residence ablaze.

Investigators and prosecutors said the fire was used as part of the attack and to cover up the killings.

Three dogs also died in the fire.

A 16-year-old girl was inside the home. She locked herself in a bedroom and called 911 while the house burned around her before deputies rescued her.

 THE COURTROOM ADMISSION

Sandoval has now pleaded guilty to four counts of first-degree murder, along with charges including arson, residential burglary, attempted murder, child abuse and animal cruelty.

He also admitted special-circumstance allegations involving multiple murders and lying in wait.

The plea agreement means prosecutors will not pursue the death penalty.

Instead, Sandoval is facing four consecutive life sentences without the possibility of parole.

He is scheduled to be formally sentenced on November 17, 2026.

 FAMILIES SPEAK DIRECTLY TO THE KILLER

More than 20 relatives and friends delivered emotional statements following the guilty plea.

Matthew Montebello’s mother said the victims’ lives had been reduced to ashes and gravesites.

Another family member told Sandoval:

“You will be remembered for the lives you took.”

The statements reflected the devastating impact the attack continues to have on the victims’ families.

 WHY DID HE DO IT?

According to Deputy District Attorney Alexander Bott, the attack was motivated by revenge.

The person connected to Sandoval’s breakup was not among those killed that night.

Instead, Sandoval allegedly targeted the home where that person’s relatives and friends were sleeping.

That detail makes the case even more disturbing.

Four people who were asleep in what should have been the safety of their own home became victims of a revenge attack that prosecutors say was deliberately planned.

 THE CASE ISN’T FINISHED YET

Sandoval has admitted responsibility through his guilty plea, but the formal sentencing remains ahead.

He has been held without bail since his arrest on November 21, 2024.

The next major date is now November 17, when the judge is expected to formally impose the sentence.

 FOUR LIVES LOST.

 A FAMILY HOME SET ABLAZE.

 A GUILTY PLEA AFTER NEARLY TWO YEARS.

 FOUR CONSECUTIVE LIFE TERMS WITHOUT PAROLE EXPECTED.

Wht began with four people being found shot inside a burning Lancaster home has now reached a major legal turning point.

But for the families, no guilty plea can undo what happened that night.

Four people went to sleep. Four families lost someone they loved. And now the man accused of carrying out the revenge attack has admitted what he did.

Independent commentary based on court records and reporting from law-enforcement and news sources.